"Who we are is revealed, ultimately, by the questions we ask, rather than the answers we find. What we want to know is a reflection of how we see the world and a verification that we are looking at it." ~Deena Metzger

"...we are only alive to the degree that we let ourselves be moved." ~Lewis Hyde

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home for the Weekend

A beautiful AO Chocolate Cake made special order by Chef... not just eye candy!


Back to Lander for time with family and friends. Two birthdays, a wrestling meet, and a Super Bowl party. Phew. It's good to be home. To see familiar faces. To leave Jackson and clear my head.



Also experienced a reality check this month- the deferred admission agreement......"step four"

"Dear Dorothy H. Testa,

This is my response to your formal acceptance of my request for deferral to Brown University, dated April 27, 2010. By writing this letter I complete step number four as outlined in the deferred admission agreement I received by mail. During the past nine months I have not in any way infringed the deferred admission agreement by applying, or requesting deferred enrollment at another institution. I intend to matriculate at Brown University this September, 2011, and look forward to the event with great anticipation.

The past five months of my gap year experience have been eye opening, relevant, and fun; a fundamental precursor to a Brown undergraduate education".......blah blah blah....

Touring around the Brown website brought the reality of college back into focus. I've managed to avoid thinking about school for awhile....what a different perspective....



Cheers to small escapes and distant (but exciting!) realities.....

No comments:

Post a Comment