"Who we are is revealed, ultimately, by the questions we ask, rather than the answers we find. What we want to know is a reflection of how we see the world and a verification that we are looking at it." ~Deena Metzger

"...we are only alive to the degree that we let ourselves be moved." ~Lewis Hyde

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Part Two (much belated)


One foot in Jackson, one in Chile, and another in Lander. Three places and times. Three legged things are supposed to be lucky and balanced, right? You are what you believe.

Life is sweet! Snow and chocolate and skiing. When I walk down Redmound St. every morning to the bus stop I still gasp when I see the Tetons peeking over roofs to the north.

My roommates are total characters, each with their own idiosyncrasies and back story.

Jackson Wyoming. The town three hours away from my place of birth and more dissimilar than Coyhaique Chile. Indeed, a foreign country seems  a few steps closer to home than Jackson, Wyoming.

I we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment