"Never walk twice!"
(Directed at me, smashing up Ibarra Hot Chocolate blocks with a hefty wooden dowel)
"Now, just imagine it's my face!)
"Pretty much I'm always in the hurry"
"...culinary perfection...culinary perfection...culinary perfection..."
"make it look PRETTY!"
(Me) "Hey Chef, come look at my chocolate fans. I'm finally getting it."
(Chef) "Good. Maybe in ten years they'll be perfect."
(Me) "I ate dinner at Restaurant yesterday. It was good."
(Chef) "Restaurant is HORRIBLE! It's an expensive restaurant for tourists who know nothing about food!"
"CHUBBS!!!"
"This music isn't for the employees. It's for our coostumers."
"Cook with heart."
"Forget about the numbers!"
(Critiquing my mascarpone garnish on Tahitian Spiced Cake)
"That's horrible. This isn't Atelier Shelby, it's Atelier Ortega. SO DO IT AGAIN."
"Keep it clean."
"Why are you asking me? You know!!"
"CHEF....IS ALWAYS....RIGHT."
(Referring to truffle fork) "Don't hold it like a princess. Hold it like you mean it!"
"I may be an ass sometimes, but really we're all family here."
"Success will come along the way. I know about it. Trust me."
To Chef- You're one of my heroes!
Thank you so much for "stickin' it out" and enduring my ignorance for the past three and a half months. I've learned a ton; laughed and cried over cakes, custards and "pretty" little desserts; and survived to tell the tale. What more could I ask for?
![]() |
| Happy Birthday Papa! |

No comments:
Post a Comment