I only have 3 weeks left in Jackson Wyoming, under the watchful eye of Chef Ortega and Teton Village!
Where did the time go? What happened to February? To 2010!? Time flys.....
Today perseverance, practice, and patience came together for me.....below is the product- MY FIRST COMPLETE CAKE, one in a series of two.....The other is not pictured...maybe later
I made the basic components (chocolate cake, cardamom/chipolte chili mousse) AT HOME, BY MYSELF, in MY kitchen.....The assembly, glaze and garnishes I finished at AO's with a chocolate tempering machine and blast freezer at the ready. Pieces are falling into place. Finally!
| Bahahaha. Enough said. |
Putting what I've been learning into practice (one of the cakes was a belated Birthday Cake for my Dad) is so satisfying- to create, share, and enjoy this desert with family and friends gives me great happiness......
| SWEET SUCCESS!!! |
SHELBY WILSON!!! This is so beautiful! You have become one amazing, kick ass chocolatier my friend! cheers to you and sticking it out and learning how to make the most wonderful chocolates! hope life is treating you well...I would love to see you when you are home during your gap before Minnesota?...you can stop in at old town and i can brew you up a cup ;)
ReplyDelete(i just started last week!)
Happy Tuesday!
love,
Anna
Hey gurl!
ReplyDeletethanks for the comment....
And your offer of some coffee=hell yeah.
Can't wait to see you! Hope last semester of high school isn't going too painfully slow.....
See you soonish